Thursday, May 21, 2009

What Have I Been Up to Lately?

Well, let me tell you...it's nothing crafty. Sorry to disappoint-but stay tuned, I have a few things up my sleeve over the next couple of weeks.


First of all, my dryer was making the most horrific screeching sound-with a little help from the internet...I fixed it myself and saved a service call charge!



I replaced the rear bearing, the front bearing and the belt....not to mention the GOBS of lint I pulled out of that thing. I swear, we were a couple of loads away from a fire.




I must say when I was done...I felt like I could do anything!





















So, I fixed my dryer. What else have I been doing? Well, I have recently been following a whole bunch of coupon blogs. I have been inspired by so many ladies who buy loads of groceries and household items for very little money.

I am still starting out, but let me show you how I've been doing.

For instance, tonight I went to Wal-Mart. Not my favorite place to shop, but its what I'm most familiar with at the moment.
I had a coupon for almost everything in this picture! My total before coupons would have been a whopping $207-YIKES!


After coupons, I paid $124...still a little high, but I saved $83.00 I purchased 104 items. I will also be getting a rebate back for the Raisin Bran Extra...because you see...you can try them free.


See all of those Pop-Tarts? Well, you can get a free movie ticket for every 5 boxes you buy. I bought 10 boxes for .98 cents each which totals $9.80 for two movie tickets. It says the tickets can either be for the new Star Trek movie or any other movie.



Here is another deal I came across this last week. At Fred Meyer they had their Electrosal dishwasher tabs on sale for $2.99 and I had coupons for $2.50 off. SCORE .50 cents per box.

From Dishwashing to Laundry...here is a deal I found at Target the other day. I had Buy One Get One Free coupons for Purex laundry detergent. I had been waiting for the best deal before I used these and I thought I did pretty good. These bottles of Purex were on sale for $2.75 but after the B1G1 free, they end up being $1.38 a bottle...stock up baby!








So I've got myself the beginnings of a "Stockpile" closet. It is nothing compared to what I've seen elsewhere, but I'm pretty proud of it. I want to get to the point where if I know of someone in need, I can help people out when times are tough. I will just go shopping in my pantry.

Do you want to see my coupons? I feel like such a nerd carrying around my big 'ol binder, but who really cares when I can save a bunch of money.




Check out some of the blogs I've been visiting on the list to the left! Beware...it can be addicting!








2 comments:

Ginny said...

Couponing can be a lot of fun! Do you have CVS & Walgreens? Those are my favorite!

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

No way! I can't believe you fixed your dryer yourself! You are superwoman! Rosie the Riveter is one of my favorite pictures- love it!

Keep sharing the coupon madness- I'm tentative, but curious! :)

I send love to your family from ours! (((Jenn)))