Monday, November 10, 2008

Nursery Decor-I Can Make That

I've been following Chris' blog over at Just a Girl, and found out she was having a "I Can Make That" Party. I was so excited to see that we could add our own link to show off some of our projects. I hope maybe this will get more readers to my blog.

First of all, my blog has been consisting of my best friend's baby...I just can't stop! I love the pink and brown theme, and I love my friend, so I was thrilled when she asked me to help her with the Nursery.


This is an idea I got from Chris, when I first started reading her blog. It is a Wordle
collage, so to speak. I started with the baby's name: Nizhoni - which means "Beautiful" in Shoshone - I then added all words that pertained to "baby" and surrounded her name. Of course I had to add a few embellishments to the frame and wa-la!


Here is the bedding and the letters I did. I had a friend cut the letters out...but I am going to attempt to cut them myself next time. And, did you see the pennant flag hanging at the top of the wall? Those were decorations I made for the shower and told Erica she could use them to decorate the nursery.


I just love the font! Isn't is soooo cute?

Erica gave me some old beat up picture frames that she had, and asked if I would "Pretty them up". She is going to put maternity pictures and baby pictures in them.

Erica had taken off the double closet doors from the nursery and wanted to put up some curtains, and she asked me to make a hidden valance to hide the shelf in the closet. This was the first time I've sewed a valance so don't look too close.

And the tie backs, aren't they adorable?!
Enjoy, and don't forget to stop by Just a Girl to get more ideas for fun things to make!

22 comments:

Chris said...

Now that is a plethora of ideas! I love wordle, too! Thanks for joining us!

Saucy said...

These are all great ideas... I lurrve me some pink and brown, especially for a baby. You are one crafty chicka!

Valarie Lea said...

Love Love Love that nursery! It is so cute :)

Unknown said...

I love the letters you made above the bed. I have wanted to do that in my daughter's room for a while. Beautiful nursery!

Heather said...

I love wordle too! So easy to use.

sandra/tx said...

Those are very sweet ideas. I especially love the wordle.

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Wow! What a super pretty nursery! I wish I had a friend like you! :)

I keep meaning to print something out using Wordle and frame it. I think it's just the neatest software out there.

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I've seen wordle and never gotten it to look nearly as cute as that. You are so creative! The letters are adorable. Her invites were precious too!

These Are The Days said...

Nice job on the frames, they are so cute!

Missy Wertz said...

I love the pink and brown theme as well. The nursery is beautiful!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Great ideas...how creative are you? I LOVE the wordle collage, definitely have to try that! I am sucha sucker for pink and brown. That chocolate brown fabric is TO-DIE-FOR...yummy! Thanks for sharing.

Cassie said...

I came over from Just a Girl. The decor for the nursery is so cute. I am in love with those curtains! Where did you find the fabric?

Tamara Jansen said...

oh la la! Love the colors :)

Georgia Girl said...

WOW I just love all your creations. I am coming from over at Just A Girl's Party. So glad you stopped by and I will be sure to come a lot more...Added you to my favorites.

Jessica said...

Good job! I just had my second boy and I did the white, green and brown and it was gorgeous if I do say so myself! check it out.

http://therussocorner.blogspot.com/2008/10/more-pictures.html

AndreaLeigh said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Wow, everything looks wonderful. Love the curtains... I thought they hid a window! What a clever idea. And the letters turned out great. Good job!!

K said...

Too cute! Wordle is a fab tool and I love the one you framed - a perfect gift!

Shooflea said...

You are too cute sister!!! I absolutely loved all of that...your next I can make that can be my apartment. I miss you and can´t wait to see you in December!!

Anonymous said...

That wordle thingie.....that is the CUTEST thing EVER! Love it. And those curtains you sewed also!

Corinna
www.myscrapbooklife.com

Delighted Mom said...

I would LOVE to know how you did the wordle collage! I would love to make one myself but have never been to crafty! I need step by step instructions! :)

Theresa said...

I LOVE the framed wordle! I've linked to you (and used your pix) on my blog post today.

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/kidzanddogs/607943/

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Very cute room! I love crafty moms!!! Thanks for visiting my blog:-)