Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Hubby's Work

My husband, Mike is a finish carpenter which comes in super handy when I need things done around our house. We've been wanting a new entertainment center for quite sometime, and I've been collecting pictures from Pottery Barn for inspiration. I showed him the pictures and he says "I can build that!" So, here is the progress... It is not finished yet, it is just primed, we have been contemplating which color we should paint it...black or white...I choose white...so I'm sure that will win! We are also going to put doors on the bottom middle shelves to hide the electronics. I am also in the process of adding decor to the shelves...but I didn't want to do too much until after the paint.



Note to self: Next time pick up the floors before taking pictures!




Here was our inspiration; of course with our own twists:


Here is another inspired piece of furniture that Mike built:

Entryway Bench Seat





Inspiration: Pottery Barn...again

Next project:

New desk for the office!

4 comments:

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

You are one lucky soul. Kuddos to your husband. That is one gorgeous built-in. I enjoyed the rest of your site too...lots of eye candy. : )
I'm also in love with crafting and have several projects on my site. Swing by if you get a minute.
M.L.

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

You guys! That all looks incredible! I had no idea Mike could do that- can we borrow him for a week or two? ;)
You must be so proud of him!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Omg I am SO jealous, I love built ins and I love bead board and I love that!!

Monty and Mari Beth said...

LOVE the furniture pieces!! I can't believe Mike made them. They are gorgeous!